Auntie Lynn’s Supah’ Ono Chicken Adobo
- 2-3 pounds chicken thighs, thawed (not the whole 5 pound box)
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar (very important! Don’t use any other type of vinegar!)
- 1/3 cup Shoyu
- 1/2 white onion, sliced or chopped (optional)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground paprika (the key ingrediment!)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp. black peppercorns
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients in a pot and bring to rapid boil, then reduce to medium-low and cook until chicken is tender and well permeated with adobo sauce. Serve with rice and enjoy!
I swear, this is the best Chicken (or pork, if you so choose) Adobo recipe you will ever try, thanks primarily to not just the Apple Cider Vinegar, but that ground Paprika, the “secret ingrediment” which adds this awesome earthiness and savory element to the dish. I tried this first-hand, personally made by and shared with me by Auntie Lynn Vasquez, and HAD to have the recipe, it was THAT Masarap Sarap! If you want, you can thicken the “gravy” with cornstarch and water or flour. Up to you. Main thing, you give the Adobo that sprinkling of Paprika. Winnahz!