Chef Chris Manabe’s Ahi SPAM® Dip with Diamond Bakery Crackers*
- 1 can Spam Lite, cubed
- 1 lb fresh poke grade ahi, cubed
- 1 Cup Green Onions, Finely Chopped
- 1 cup Ewa sweet onions, julienne
- 1 cup low sodium Aloha Shoyu
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 2 teaspoon garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup cracker meal
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Put mixture in small casserole dishes and add more cracker meal on top. Drizzle with butter (optional). Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 15 min. Serve with your favorite variety of Diamond Bakery crackers.
This recipe is from Chef Chris Manabe of Side Street Inn, who also happens to be the grandson of the founder of Diamond Bakery, famous for their popular Saloon Pilot Crackers, Royal Creem Crackers and my fave’, da’ Soda Crackers… I like da’ crackah. lol
Not only do I LOVE Diamond Soda Crackers, but I’m also a huge DIP fan. So when I happened to come across this recipe featured in the January ’16 issue of MIDWEEK (a page towards the back I normally don’t get to), I was quite intrigued and curious how this tastes! That’s a BONKERS concoction of “ingrediments”!
While I haven’t personally made it myself (yet), in case you missed it, I thought you SPAM JAMMERS and Ahi Poke fans alike might be interested in this one, therefore I’m reposting it here from Cooking Hawaiian Style.
I’ll update this recipe post with step-by-step photos and thoughts once I make it myself.
More Tasty Island related links:
• Nalani Kele’s Clam Dip recipe
• Nalani Kele’s Veggie Dip recipe
• ShAloha (house-made Zataar-seasoned Pita Chips with Creamy Hummus)
• Stonemill® Kitchens Spinach & Artichoke Parmesan Dip
• Taro Delight Smoked Taro Dip