Costco Food Court Honolulu Summer ’14 Update

Costco Iwilei Food Court menu – 7.21.14

Upon walking out of the Iwilei Costco picking up some groceries the other day, I noticed the Food Court menu out front had changed slightly. Don’t mind me, as I’m most definitely not a regular at the Food Court, in fact usually purposely diverting my walk path AWAY from that area, as the combined greasy smell of pizza and hot dogs can be nauseating for me.

This blog’s statistics constistently reveals the Costco entries here are the most popular ones, mostly because they’re being linked to by numerous mainland-based discussion boards on the subject.

With that, it’s always interesting looking at national chain eateries’ menus whose selection differs slightly by region. Costco’s Food Court is no different, so this entry is to keep all you folks linking here updated on the menu here in Honolulu. ;-)

Costco Iwilei Food Court menu – 7.21.14

Thankfully for the hot Hawaiian summer, they still have the Very Berrie Sundae, Kirkland Yogurt, Berry Smoothie and Latte/Mocha Freeze (mahalo to reader ‘Chubs’ for the heads-up on that!)…

I could go for a 3-scoop Gelato right about now…

Costco Food Court 3 Gelato 3-scoops Waffle Cone

I haven’t checked recently, but last I seen, the Hawaii Kai Costco didn’t have the Gelato as the Iwilei location has.

When winter rolls in again, this is what I’d love to see on the menu…

Costco Food Court Saimin manipulated photo mock-up

Costco Food Court Saimin! Definitely with the most excellent Sun Noodle Factory being the supplier, whom is already an established local vendor within the warehouse club.

Reason I throw that idea out, is that McDonald’s of Hawaii is said to be the very first location in their history to introduce a regional specialty on their menu, which was Saimin. A local favorite that the late Maurice Sullivan, founder of Foodland, was able to convince Ray Kroc in doing. At the time, the recipe for McDonald’s historic introduction of Saimin on their menu was developed by Washington Saimin (now a bygone eatery).

For your convenience, here’s the entire current menu transcribed to text:

COSTCO FOOD COURT MENU
Iwilei location (Honolulu, Hawaii)
Current as of July 21, 2014

• FRESH MADE GELATO
    Pistachio • Chocolate • Stracciatella
    3 Scoops Served in a Waffle Cone – $1.50
    Hand-packed Quart to Go – $4.99
  • CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD – $3.99
  • PIZZA
    Combo Cheese or Pepperoni
    Slice – $1.99
    18″ Whole – $9.95
  • 1/4 POUND PLUS ALL BEEF HOT or POLISH
    & 20 OZ SODA (with refill)
    $1.50
  • BBQ BEEF BRISKET SANDWICH
    USDA Choice Beef Brisket, BBQ Sauce, Coleslaw
    $4.99
  • HOT TURKEY & PROVOLONE SANDWICH
    Oven-browned Turkey, Provolone, Red Onions, Tomato, Basil, Tomato, Garlic, Mayonnaise, on a Toasted Torta Roll
    $3.99
  • TURKEY WRAP
    Turkey, Havarti Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato & Mayo’ on a Whole Wheat Wrap
    $3.99
  • CHICKEN BAKE
    Chicken Breast, Cheese, Bacon, Caesar Dressing
    $2.99
  • VERY BERRY SUNDAE with STRAWBERRIES – $1.65
  • BERRY SMOOTHIE or LATTE/MOCHA FREEZE – $1.45
  • 20 OZ. SODA with REFILL – 59¢

That said, for you folks who frequent (or pass by) Costco’s Food Court in your neck of the woods, what items do you have or don’t have that’s currently on the menu here in Honolulu? Please share!

Related links:

Costco Made in Hawaii Eats:

Costco Fodd Court’s New Beef Bake

Costco Food Court: Eat This, Not That:

13 thoughts on “Costco Food Court Honolulu Summer ’14 Update

• July 24, 2014 at 10:17 am

At the Issaquah Costco they still have all the yogurt items, lattes, latte/mocha freeze, berry, smoothie, hand dipped ice cream bar and churros. Never really cared for the chicken bake. I think that’s off the menu.

• July 24, 2014 at 10:28 am

If Costco takes the mocha freeze off of the menu here on Maui, my wife is going to be so sad! I don’t eat at the food court too often, but if I do, I get the turkey pesto sandwich. I really wish they still had the $1 churros though!

• July 24, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Did you happen to see the menu board to the right of the main sign? That’s,where the mocha and berry sundaes are posted. Hand dip went away when gelato appeared.

• July 24, 2014 at 10:45 pm

They took the “iced cafe mocha” (cdn version) off our menu about 5 yrs ago. I was SO disappointed! When I asked about it, they said it was a very poor seller all across Canada with the exception being for the store here in Kamloops which was consistently the nationwide high seller of it (I guess because it is so hot in the summer here). However the high sales of it here just wasn’t enough to justify keeping it on their menu. Accordingly, we have looked forward to getting our special treat each time we go to the Costcos in Hawaii. How disappointing to hear they are gone there as well now :(

• July 24, 2014 at 11:51 pm

All this time I still never got around to try their roast chicken they sold. People said it good and big 5 lb size.

• July 25, 2014 at 6:49 am

The turkey provolone sandwich (with a hot slice of tomato) is definitely a buy. cheap and excellent. It is very dense though. At 730 calories it is not out of hand for a full lunch, but my wife and I simply share it. You can add onions at the hotdog prep station.

• July 25, 2014 at 9:19 am

When we do get the turkey sandwich, my wife and I also share it. She doesn’t eat the tomatoes or cooked red onions so I get her share. It is greasy too, probably from the melted cheese or maybe the sauce.

I once tried the turkey wrap but I didn’t care for it at all. The havarti cheese seemed to make it taste even dried than it actually was. I haven’t tried the brisket sandwich yet but definitely will. I’ll also be sharing that with my wife. =)

• July 25, 2014 at 8:35 pm

It is to be shared also. But good. They put coleslaw as the topping. Like we do at BBQs. That is ono. Ditto on the wraps. I don’t like the bakes. Too starchy.

• July 25, 2014 at 1:49 pm

FYI,

I made a major correction to this post, adding the Very Berry Sundae, Berry Smoothie, Latte/Mocha Freeze and 20 oz. Soda back to the current menu list, as I didn’t realize Costco had moved it to the menu board on the front right side wall of the Food Court. Huge Mahalo to ‘Chubs’ for bringing that to our attention! ;-)

• July 25, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I happened to go recently and had me a mocha, berry sundae and a quart,of gelato to go! That sign has been there awhile ago. i rarely go myself but this heat called for something cold. Btw the mochas freeze up well for later.

• September 9, 2016 at 12:58 am

They have Gelato at the Iwilei location!!?  I go to Kapolei and Waipio and they don’t have that.

• September 9, 2016 at 9:36 am

Ivy, YES, the Iwilei location has Gelato, which like the Kapolei and Waipio location, neither does the Hawaii Kai location have… surprisingly, considering the demographic.