T.G.I.S.!

North Shore Farms’ “The Ultimate” Pesto Pizza @ KCC Farmers Market

Why should Friday be the only day we thank God for? Saturday is just as as great! TGI Saturdays certainly sounds as good as TGI Fridays. TGI Mondays? Eh, not so much. Perhaps Monday Blues would be a great name for some seedy bar in an industrial strip mall.

Anyhow, I once again visited my favorite place to shop for produce and relieve stress over at the KCC Farmers Market this past Saturday morning. There, restocking on my essential daily staples of green onions, cilantro, long beans, bok choy and ung choy.

With that, the following are more foodie photos at the event to share with you. Enjoy.

Frankie’s Nursery – Apple Bananas

Frankie’s Nursery – ‘Ma’afala’ Breadfruit

Frankie’s Nursery – Cut Pitaya

Frankie’s Nursery – Mangosteen ($15/lb.?… ouch!)

Frankie’s Nursery – Meyer Lemon

Frankie’s Nursery – Pummelo

Frankie’s Nursery – Yellow Pitaya

Frankie’s Nursery – Hong Kong Guavas

Hashimoto Persimmon Farm’ Kabosu (similar to Yuzu)

Hashimoto Persimmon Farm’ Maui Kaki “Maru” Persimmons

Grandma G’s local style breakfast specialties

Grandma G’s Breakfast Specialties

Chef Sean Priester’s Soul Patrol full spread

Chef Sean Priester’s Soul Patrol full spread

North Shore Cattle Catering

North Shore Cattle Catering

Hawaiian Style Chili Co.

Hawaiian Style Chili Co.

Tan-ta-Dan Brand Prune Mui and Kiawe Smoked Hawaiian Salt, sold by the Hawaiian Style Chili Co.

Kukui Sausages on the Barbie

Otsuji Farms’ Dynamite Sushi Sliders, Banana & Sweet Potato Malasadas and Hamakua Mushroom Fries (in reverse order as shown)

The Pig & the Lady Banh Mi

The Pig & the Lady Banh Mi

The Pig & the Lady Com Ga Hoi An Rice Bowl and Nem Nuong Bun Bowl

The Pig & the Lady Pho French Dip (her most popular sandwich)

Not Just Desserts specialized in baked goods using NO SUGAR, substituted with Agave, Honey and Fruit Juices as the sweeteners

Not Just Desserts’ Brownies

Not Just Desserts’ Key Lime Pie

Not Just Desserts’ Muffins

Not Just Desserts’ Scones (my fave!)

P.S. Oceanic Time Warner Cable threw a “Mahalo” event this past Friday night for all their AroundHawaii.com columnists at the V.I.P. Music Hall in Dole Cannery. Here’s Yours Truly, who recently joined their team as a contributing Food Columnist, along with Cy, the Web Editor of AroundHawaii.com…

Cy Shinkawa, Web Editor, with Pomai Souza, Food Columnist for AroundHawaii.com

Here’s the 2013 AroundHawaii.com team group photo….

AroundHawaii.com Team at Oceanic Time Warner Cable VIP Music Hall: Edward Sugimoto, Cy Shinkawa, Pomai Souza, Peggy Sucher, John Johnson, Tina Lau, Yasuo Ogawa, Abe Lee, Neal Raj Mathur and Jon Murakami

P.P.S. The cost in human lives left behind from Super Typhoon Haiyan (a.k.a. Yolanda) hitting the Philippines HARD is STAGGERING (and personally, very heartbreaking). Please kokua by sending your donations to relief organizations such as the Philippine Red Cross (endorsed by NBCnews.com)…

9 thoughts on “T.G.I.S.!

• November 10, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I still enjoy Hawaii Farmer Market. That pizza look so awesome. They did’nt have that in San Francisco Farmer Market at Ferry Plaza.

• November 10, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Kelike,

Keep in mind, that North Shore Farms Pizza, at that $7/slice rate equals about $50 per whole pie. Ouch!

• November 10, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Pricey, but darn good looking. The Vietnamese French Dip (named after ‘Frenchie’ Phillipe of Los Angeles) looks awesome. Not so pricey if wife eats half. Ditto for the fried poke plate. But then get those chowders……Counter Freeze!

• November 10, 2013 at 8:20 pm

pat,

Ah yes, “Counter Freeze”, a.k.a. “Okazuya Crisis”. lol

• November 12, 2013 at 2:37 am

Compare to Ferry Farmer Market it pretty much the same in prices in most items.

• November 12, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Everything looks so good! Next time I go Sandy’s, I’ll stop by the KCC Farmers/Chefs/Bakers Market, yum! :)

If you get a chance one Saturday, they have a new Farmers Market located in the Sears PearlRidge parking lot!

• November 13, 2013 at 6:22 pm

@ Da Man – Quite honestly, that’s way out of the way for me, but thanks for the tip “Da Man”. lol Oh, I sure hope they have a FRESH-PICKED SUMIDA FARM WATERCRESS at the Pearlridge Farmers Market. A MUST!

@ Kelike – are going to school or working in San Francisco right now?

• November 14, 2013 at 10:25 am

Not doubting the onoliciousness of Not Just Desserts key lime pie but as a rabid KLP aficionado, real key lime pie is not green in color! I need a TDY back to Kwaj so I can have me a foodgasm in Honolulu – going out and back!

• November 15, 2013 at 5:33 am

Howzit Chuck,

Man, I can’t even fathom the polar difference in your world, going from Kwajalein to Alabama. Reader Keith, also a Hawaii expat, now calls Alabama home. Now “Sweet Home Alabama” is ringing in my head. Gotta’ love that Skynyrd tune. ;-)

As for the Key Lime Pie not being green, I suppose that’s like someone in Alabama serving “mock poi” made out of Yams, making it this weird deep purple color with food coloring. I wouldn’t put that past someone doing that!