It’s Monday…

Ono Cheese Steak @ Waikiki – Loco Moco: 2 Sunnyside-up eggs heaped over 2 massive grilled beef patties and 2 scoops white rice, then smothered with brown gravy, along with a side of Mac’ Salad. $7.99. Cardiology service sold separately.

It’s Monday, and you don’t feel like getting back to work, but you gotta’. Not to fret. Get some Loco Moco, baby! Oh yeah.

Make sure to mix it up real good into that “hot mess”, just to remind you how you felt when you woke up this morning…

Someone should just shoot the Loco Moco through the ROOF: take that plate and smother it with Cheese Whiz, then wrap it up with several layers of buttermilk pancake, with lots of melted butter and Mozzarella Cheese between each layer.

Wait, let me catch my cardiac breath.

Then, dip that in an all-yolk egg wash, then dredge that whole deal with Fritos and Doritos, then back in more buttermilk, then finish the “crust” with crushed Ruffles Potato Chips.

Take that “Lotza’ hunka’ hunka’ Loco Moco Burnin’ Love” and deep-fry it in 100% pig’s lard until it’s “GBD”.

Then serve this here “Loco Moco Madness” over a bed of cheesy garlic fries that’s been smothered with Corned Beef ‘n Bacon Chili, Bacon Bits, more melted Cheese of any kind, Chicharons, more Bacon Bits, Sour Cream, more Bacon Bits, Mayonnaise, Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, Country Gravy, Brown Gravy (heck, ANY gravy!), Non-clarified melted Butter, and Hollandaise Sauce.

Hell yee-yeah. Do that!

Oh, and please, no green salads allowed on site during this fiasco.

Whooo!!!

Friday’s right around the corner! Not.

18 thoughts on “It’s Monday…

• March 4, 2013 at 10:22 am

oh man, I feel like Pavlov’s dog, saw the loco moco and my mouth started watering! :-O

• March 4, 2013 at 11:02 am

Wow, that was mean. Torture. Just need some tabasco for me.

• March 4, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Super important question. Because I do walk by this place on occasion.

Are the patties local style home made?

• March 4, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Pat, the generously-portioned beef patties (two!) are definitely “house-made”, but it doesn’t have any fillers or veggies mixed in it. Just ground beef, probably “glued” together with eggs, and that’s it. Nothing remarkable, really, nor is their gravy. I’d give Ono Cheese Steak’ Loco Moco 2 SPAM Musubi (good) on flavor, along with 4 (excellent) on appearance and value. That really is a good deal for Waikiki.

• March 4, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I only able to eat half of that box meal. Always really a small eater that meal would last me breakfast and lunch which is not bad. That why not the type that go to buffet only eat few things and full.

• March 4, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Amy,

That said, this is what I commented back to Kelike in that regard from the Tacos & More! post…

“Kelike,

You know what’s interesting is that, since losing weight, I actually can eat more now, usually “polishing” the plate (cleaned up). Whereas before when I was overweight, hardly ever did that, usually taking home leftovers.

It’s a metabolism thing. Most skinny people I know have VORACIOUS appetites, where you might think “where the heck did that all go?”. I’m now back in that club – pretty much, yet still got 10 more pounds to go.”

• March 4, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Looks onolicious, Pomai-san… four more days to go… fire up for pau hana! The Rocket City – ahem, Huntsville – needs a local kine grinds place! (No worries, brah, we have plenny former Kwajies who -including myself – can make some!)

• March 4, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Chuck-san,

How do you think a “Hawaiian style” Saimin stand would do out in Alabama? Where the menu would include not just Saimin in all varieties (plain, loaded with charsiu, loaded with Wontons, plus shrimp tempura, etc.), but also local faves such as plate lunches, “local style” burgers and Teriyaki BBQ sticks. Do you think “Rocket City slickers” would eat that up?

• March 4, 2013 at 9:36 pm

If Korean and Vietnamese cuisine can do pretty well out here, I don’t see why Hawaiian couldn’t. :)

• March 6, 2013 at 9:47 am

There’s a couple of Japanese restaurants in the Huntsville area, no saimin, but couple do have domburi. Haven’t asked about why no saimin.  Funny thing also about the chinese places here; you don’t see a lot of char siu either as garnish or on buffet lines… and forget it about lup chong in fried rice or anything else!(though you can sometimes get lup chong in COSTCO!) Go figgah…  and NOBODY seems to do manapua or gau gee but one place does siu mai / porkhash. I gotta stop or I’ll get too depressed! LOL

• March 6, 2013 at 9:39 am

Hey KwajDrafter!  Dittos on the need for a Rainbow’s or Zippy’s in Huntsville! LOL
      My pops used to just make a loco moco style breakfast with spam or portagee sausage instead of the burgers and shoyu insted of gravy… den mash’um up and grind!  I gotta do that at least a couple of Sundays a month… keep the tradition going!

• March 4, 2013 at 5:44 pm

I would’ve asked for extra gravy all ova da rice!

• March 4, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Dennis, you know da’ rules! Choke da’ gravy action.

• March 4, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Eh braddah, da goal is not to replace what you lost in a coupla’ weeks. JK, my fave Loco Moco is when Rokaku has it on special with Wagyu… Kolohe’s hamburger steak was also winnahs (2lbs pre-cooked) but alas they are no more…

• March 5, 2013 at 11:26 am

Ryan, I’m not concerned. My metabolism is back in top shape. I burn calories fast, not seeing it add-up on the scale. Two words: GREEN TEA + one word: EXERCISE

• March 5, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Now thats what i’m talking about!. Can the real Pomai please stand up? please stand up!

• March 6, 2013 at 12:30 pm