The Food Network’s hit food road show ‘Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives’ with host Guy Fieri will debut its “Triple D Goes Hawaiian” episode tonight, Monday, April 5, 2010 on Oceanic Cable (Hawaii) at 7pm and repeat at 10pm.
Places they taped at that didn’t make tonight’s episode will be fitted into other Triple D episodes. Poke Stop will be featured on Triple D on May 3rd, Murphy’s Bar & Grill will be featured on Triple D on May 17th and Rainbow Drive In will be featured on Triple D on June 28th.
Keep in mind they were here on Oahu taping all the way back in October 2009, so it took that long from production time to air time.
Come to find out from HawaiiMagazine.com, there’s quite a few criteria restaurants must meet to be eligible for consideration to be featured on Triple D.
Some of those guidelines are:
• Restaurants must not have been featured on Food Network within the previous six to seven years.
• All dishes featured must be made in-house using fresh (never frozen) ingredients. Gravies and sauces must be made from scratch.
• Restaurateurs must be willing to disclose recipes of all featured dishes. If recipes involve “secret ingredients,” a majority of these must be revealed.
• All restaurant staff appearing on camera must be “interesting and dynamic” and willing to remain at the location for the complete duration of DD&D filming.
• Restaurants should have only one location. Hank’s Haute Dogs, which has two locations, was a rare exception.
Wow, they have to give out their “secret” recipes? That’s quite a stretch just to get “free” advertising on a national level! As for not being on a Food Network show in the previous six or seven years, I remember Rainbow Drive In was featured on their now canceled show called ‘The Secret Life of…’ with host Jim O’Connor. Not sure exactly how long ago that was though.
Other nationally televised traveling food shows that recently featured eateries in Hawaii include the Travel Channel’s ‘Man v. Food’ with Adam Richman, Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, and several years ago, ‘No Reservations’ with Anthony Bourdain.
Again, Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives “Triple D Goes Hawaiian” episode debuts tonight, April 5, 2010 @ 7pm and 10pm on the Food Network via Oceanic Cable (Hawaii).
If you have satellite (dish) service, or if you’re on the mainland, check your local listings for this episode’s specific air time.
Catch it! A-L-O-H-A!