Gulick Delicatessen now on King Street

Gulick Delicatessen, a well-established Honolulu Okazuya now has a SECOND location, in the spot where Makino Chaya was formerly located on King Street. Gulick Deli still operates their original location on Gulick Avenue.

It takes up just the right-hand portion of Makino’s floor space, where the kitchen was/is, and is just a small take-out deli, not having anywhere to sit. The left side looks like they’re renovating to lease to someone else.

Here’s a few plates from Gulick’s King St. location…

Gulick Deli’s Shrimp Tempura, Hash Patty and Vegetable Tempura

Gulick Deli’s Chow Fun, Nishime, Ume Musubi and Teriyaki Burger.

All that came out to $10.

Makino Chaya is now bigger and better in Aloha Tower Market Place.

6 thoughts on “Gulick Delicatessen now on King Street

• March 31, 2007 at 8:57 am

hi pomai,

i like gulick deli too…especially their whoppin cornbeef hash. the photo above looks like the hash. i haven’t been to the king st one yet … i don’t think they open that early, right? i usually go before work …at about 5:30 am. but it’s convenient that its a little closer to us…haha. did you hear that Gyotaku is opening in Niu Valley?? (the old Swiss Inn location)

love your photos !!!!

• April 6, 2007 at 6:26 am

does this location have filipino and chinese selections also?

• September 27, 2007 at 9:12 pm

I LOVE THIS PLACE AND THEIR FOODS IT IS SO GOOD. WE GO EVERY WEEKEND. PRICING IS KINDA HIGH BUT IT IS SOOOO GOOD.

LOVE IT

• January 9, 2008 at 11:58 pm

You can’t really say “it’s all Japanese.” Chow fun is…Chinese. It’s more, “Japanesque”.

• May 11, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Guick Deli…..one of the only places that kept their food standards and cleanliness up. I vote gulick deli the best in the state. Prices are higher than you would expect but hey, you get what you pay for. I can’t say I have a favorite item because I love everything but if I had to choose, it would be the butter fish. And maybe the saimin if they still have it. I grew up on the street behind the store and great memories of walking a little alleyway on the side of the building. Presently living in Maui, Gulick Deli is one of the first stops when I visit home.