Teddy’s Bigger Burgers Waikiki

You can’t see it in this photo, but there are THREE patties stacked up inside this monster!

I took my nephew visiting from the mainland to Teddy’s in Waikiki this past week when he brought upon an interesting revelation to me. When I asked him what he ordered he told me the EIGHTEEN OUNCE MONSTER DOUBLE COMBO. I first questioned him in doubt and then was shocked to learn IT’S TRUE. There it was staring at me on the menu! Since when did Teddy’s offer this heavyweight?

The MONSTER DOUBLE COMBO is made up of THREE 6 oz. patties stacked on each other, served with the standard Super Sauce, fresh Lettuce, tomato, pickles and onion, fries and drink. For $10.85 it really actually is a pretty good deal in comparison to other “gourmet” burger joints.

Amazingly my nephew wolfed down the entire sandwich, PLUS the heap of fries it came with. He compared it with several mainland burger outfits that don’t currently operate in Hawaii, giving it a thumbs up.

I ordered the rather “conservative” 7 oz. BIGGER COMBO (shown in next photo).

One thing you’ll certainly get with Teddy’s Burgers are FRESH ingredients. The lettuce and tomato are crisp, the lightly toasted bun is soft and supple and the hand-pattied ground chuck is flamed broiled on an open flame gas grill (not griddle!), with a perfectly seared, backyard style barbecue flavor.

Personally, I don’t care for their house-made SUPER SAUCE, so I kindly ask that they substitute my burger with plain mayonaise.
Their fries are also excellent. They’re hand-cut fairly thick, perfectly tender inside, slightly crisp outside, with just a light sprinkle of salt.

A good thing about Teddy’s is CONSISTENCY. The food quality and service is always the same.. EXCELLENT. This, in reference to the Waikiki and Hawaii Kai locations which I frequent. There’s also a Kailua location which I’ve never been to yet. During peak lunch and dinner hours they usually get slammed, which is the only time I’ve had slow service. Otherwise, the staff is very friendly and there’s lots of cool things to enjoy looking at in their restaurant. Teddy’s is highly recommended for burger lovers (just about everyone).

EIGHTEEN OUNCE MONSTER COMBO. Wow.

Teddy’s has three locations on Oahu in Kailua, Hawaii Kai and Waikiki.

Teddy’s Bigger Burger Website

Hana Hou photos and update added 3.13.07

Here’s some photos of the Waikiki restaurant that I was able to get (with permission) on a recent visit near closing time.

The order counter. All the prices on the menu include tax, so what you see is what you pay. Plus there’s a tip jar if you feel you’ve been given exceptional service.

There’s tables outside that door, as well as inside the restaurant. This location was formerly a Jack in the Box. It’s located on the Daimond Head end of Waikiki along Kapahulu ave., just across the Honolulu Zoo.

Whimsical retro decor adorns the entire establishment. Below this counter are logo T-Shirts and hats available for purchase.

The main dining area is adorned with this cool Waikiki map mural that their artist painted/airbrushed directly on the wall. This one section. Notice the names of the surf breaks offshore.

The other portion of the Waikiki map mural art, wrapping around the corner from the one shown above it.

On this hana hou visit, I ordered the Teriyaki Burger with Cheese. Excellent. Notice the rich, sweet teri’ sauce coating the bottom of the bun on the top cut. I’m a black pepper nut, as you can see it sprinkled liberally over everything.

I couldn’t finish that huge 7 oz. burger and fries, and ended up taking the rest home to finish later on the “second wind”. Notice the Blue Bunny brand, which is what they use to make their also popular milk shakes. A bit pricey, but thick, rich ‘n ono!

13 thoughts on “Teddy’s Bigger Burgers Waikiki

• June 15, 2006 at 5:59 am

We love Teddy’s!! Awesome pix!! Now I’m hungry!! :D Looking foward to more of your posts!!

reggie
    :O)

• August 25, 2006 at 7:27 am

I like Teddy’s too and so happy that there is one in Hawaii Kai. I like the burgers ..and the fries are great !!

• March 30, 2007 at 7:27 pm

Nice page greetings to all in this guestbook! Please also visit my site:

• December 21, 2007 at 7:27 am

I go to waikiki annually and walk down from diamond haed and reward myself with a teddys combo.I usual don’t eat greasy food but teddys is the very best burger anywhere. so just do it

• December 28, 2007 at 10:29 pm

LOVED THE CHEESE FRIES, HAVENT BEEN THERE IN YEARS. BUT THE MEMORIES STILL STICK. I USED TO GO THERE RIGHT AFTER GOING TO DIAMOND HEAD. GOOD LUCK ON THE BUSINESS, I HOPE TO RETURN SOON!!!

• April 7, 2008 at 3:03 am

OMG….Teddy’s is just awesome. I love the terri burger. Aww man…why the pics. Now I’m hungry! Gotta go to Teddy’s now. I definitely give it 10 stars. LOL ; )

• January 24, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Not good.

Everything is ‘sugar’. Too sweet! The “default” burger comes with a sause that is like a thousand island dressing with 3Xsugar – and it is SO expensive! Save yourself – just go to burgerking. Teddy’s is WAY over rated and WAY over priced. I got the basic-burger and substituted onion rings – way too sweet and nearly $10.00.

This place is NOT worth the money.

• January 25, 2009 at 10:53 am

James, it’s not the sweetness that bothers me with Teddy’s “secret sauce”, but the pronounced smoked barbecue flavor, which I think detracts the beefy patty instead of helping it out. That’s why I usually ask them to hold the secret sauce and just put mayonnaise. Then it’s all good. Next time (if) you go there, try that: just mayo’, hold the secret sauce. Much, much better.

If you get a Combo with fries instead of rings, at $7.25 for the big and $8.10 for the bigger, that’s a darned great value. Rings are expensive, so that will get ya.

If you’re a char-grilled burger fan, also check out Duke’s Beachside burger. EXCELLENT. Worth $8, especially with the view of Waikiki beach that includes. Their Beachside Fries wafflecut style is also excellent. I’d say one of the best on the island. Teddy’s fries are darned excellent too.

• March 26, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Woo hoo! Had my first TBB today! A new shop just opened this week in Woodinvile WA that’s just a few miles from my home. Spectacular burger! Got a 5oz Teri burger. The beef was excellent and cooked to perfection. They were very busy, so it seemed a bit chaotic with new staff being trained, but the crew were getting it done. The cooks definitely knew their stuff. And I liked the yellow sauce, kinda reminded me of honey mustard dressing which is a fave of mine, but their teri sauce, wow, totally brought me back to the islands! This place is going to blow Seattlelite’s soggy minds!

• March 20, 2011 at 9:38 am

dana, wow, Teddy’s is really expanding! I hear they’re going to open one soon in or near Pearlridge Shopping Center as well. Which finally there’ll be one on that side of the island.

If you ask me, I think their “secret sauce” is basically barbecue sauce mixed with mayonnnaise.

Next time you visit Oahu, you gotta’ try the Honolulu Burge Company. EXCELLENT, plus they only use local free-range beef, and you can really taste the quality! They also have KILLER Sweet Potato Fries.

For “regular” fries, Teddy’s is my favorite. I also like the potato bun Teddy’s uses, and they really know how to CHAR the patty on their flame grills. So ono! Teddy’s rocks.

• April 29, 2017 at 9:50 am

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed!
    Very useful info specially the last part :) I care for such information a
    lot. I was looking for this certain information for a very long time.
    Thank you and good luck.