Bautista's Filipino Kitchen

Bautista’s Filipino Kitchen – Waikiki International Marketplace

I’ll admit, I’m no expert when it comes to Filipino food, but Bautista’s certainly gives me the impression that they’re doing it right.

Bautista’s has 3 locations on Oahu, but my many visits have been exclusively from their take-out counter located in the Waikiki International Marketplace, which is a nice convenience for the many local Filipinos who work in nearby hotels.

Clockwise: Pork Guisantes, Dinuguan, Longanisa and Pancit (Open image in new window for full-size view)

Their take-out selection includes all the favorites including Pork Adobo, Guisantes (pork & peas), Pinakbet, Longanisa (a tasty, slightly sweet sausage), Kari-kare, Lumpia, Longanisa and my favorite.. DINUGUAN!

My favorite is the Dinuguan, that brown stew located in front of the Longanisa Sausages on the right. Theirs is the “soupy” Tagalog style. Yum! You can simply point and choose (or ask about) which items you’re interested in.

Prices are very reasonable and portions are generous. Entrees are served simply with 2 scoops of white rice. You can also order items in containers ala carte.

Bautista’s Filipino Kitchen
2330 Kalakaua Ave in the International Market Place
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
Ph: (808) 923-7220
850 Kamehameha Hwy in the Pearl City Shopping Center
Pearl City, Hawaii 96782
Ph: (808) 455-3920
98-1005 Moanalua Rd in the Pearlridge Center
Uptown Aiea, Hawaii 96701
Ph: (808) 487-2234

12 thoughts on “Bautista's Filipino Kitchen

• June 15, 2006 at 3:30 am

Nice picture–made my mouth water just looking at it. Brings back memories of all the small Filipino and local store front restaraunts that me and my wife loved when we lived in Kalihi so many years ago. Great Blog so far too.

• July 3, 2006 at 10:43 pm

COMOSTA,
    MANY FILIPINO RETAURANTS USE MY SERVICES TO EXCEPT CREDIT CARDS. WE NEED TO USE OUR COMMUNITY PINOY BUSINESSES. TAKE THE CHALLENGE, IF I DONT SAVE YOU ANY MONEY ON YOUR CURRENT PROCESSOR I WILL GIVE YOU $100.00 ON THE SPOT
    SALAMAT,
    ROD DUCOSIN
    MERCHANT SYSTEMS HAWAII
    808-227-5787
    ezmerchantservices@yahoo.com

• August 4, 2006 at 7:32 am

Aloha!
    Bautista’s in Waikiki NOW accepts Credit Card purchases. Wish you asked sooner, we signed a few days before your email response, Sorry! But, Mahalo for asking! We are also accepting Credit Cards for the PearlRidge Store Soon! Thank You & Mahalo everyone, don’t forget to check out our website: http://www.BautistafilipinoKitchen.com….and Please come & visit us soon at any of our 3 Locations: PearlRidge(Phase 1), Waikiki int’l MarketPlace (Waikiki) & Pearly City (Daiei)…

• August 15, 2006 at 7:34 am

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR LONGANISA FROM?

• August 19, 2006 at 8:22 pm

I ate at the location in the International Marketplace just a few days ago while visiting Oahu and LOVED it! I’m back home in NJ now but am sitting here thinking about your chicken adobo. We have Filipino restaurants around here but it’s not the same…

• October 19, 2006 at 1:58 pm

hallo! I send this mail from Japan.
    please show this mail to ms,maria bautista marcus.
    I am her old friend. I found her by inter-net!!

I’m so sorry to troble you, but this is super suprise for us!!

hey!maria! I’m ma-ko! can you belive? Or you mustbe forget me?!
    I found you in this supre internet! you never expect this.
    congratulations!! you are marrid! and me too^^. wow!!
    I wish you happiness. with huge love+smaile+hug from your friend ma-ko

• October 19, 2006 at 9:09 pm

Konbanwa Ma-Ko san,

I forwarded your comment to Maria at their restaurant’s contact address. I sent you a copy of that message.

Domo Arigato,
    Pomai

• November 16, 2006 at 8:59 am

Hello Pomai,

Thank you for helping Mako contact me. She was so happy and wanted me to Thank you again for helping her! I was pleasantly surprised to hear from her, we had lost touch 10 years ago. Your site and the internet has helped us to connect. She lives all the way in Hokutoshi Yamanshiken Japan! Thank You & Mahalo Pomai!

For Rosalyn, we get our Longanisa locally here in Honolulu…come and visit us again!

Best Regards,
    Maria Bautista-Marcus

• January 24, 2007 at 11:31 pm

I love the food at Bautista’s. What kind of bagaong do you use? Or does it vary with the dish? Maria…kumusta! It is your long lost trainer. Call me, I have the same number.

• January 26, 2007 at 6:57 am

Aloha!

Just wanted to let everyone know that The Waikiki International Marketplace Food Court in Waikiki (Oahu), will be closed for renovation from Jan. 2007-March 2007. Bautista’s is also currently remodeling it’s store. So, Please come and visit us in the middle of March 2007!!! We look forward to seeing you there again!!!

Mahalo!!

Omigod! Tony is that you? Why did you leave 24 Hr. fitness, you were one of their Best Trainers !!! I’ll call you. The bagaong we use does vary with the dish, we also like to use salted shrimps (pink ones), it’s really delicious and tasty. One of my favorites!

• January 26, 2009 at 6:37 am

Happy New Year to Everyone! Welcome to “Bautista’s, you may also visit us at our 3 Locations! Pearlridge Shopping Ctr. Food Court – where Macy’s is located – in Aiea (Close vacinity to Pearl Harbor)…Pearl City (Don Qujiote) Food Court (close vacinity to Wal-Mart) and of course – Waikiki International Market-Place Food Court. We been in business since 1986! We are curently updating our website (www.bautistafilipinokitchen.com)..join us online or visit us at one of our 3 locations in Hawaii! You may also check out my blog: http://maria-marcus.blogspot.com/…..or simply go to: http://www.miamarcus.com – click “Blog” or to website: http://www.putonproductions.com – click “blog”, and our newest website: http://www.shortscriptawards.com – if you’re interested in getting your project filmed! Check website for details! Last, but not least – For your Internation Real Estate needs – http://www.Maria-Marcus.com ! Also, I would like an opinion poll – Do you think “Bautista’s should open a location in “Las Vegas – Nevada”??? Please email me through any of my websites! Merci, Aloha, Mahalo & Salamat Po! * Maria Bautista-Marcus from “Bautista’s Filipino Kitchen and Local Foods” of HAWAII….